Author Topic: No Galvo movement  (Read 8608 times)

Spartan H45

• View Profile
No Galvo movement
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:27:21 PM »
Unfortunately I am inexperienced with galvo controlled laser projectors, and am having trouble getting any movement from the galvos. This is the output produced while running  the "stdin" application:
libusb: warning [init_device] could not get node connection information for device '\\.\USB#VID_045E&PID_0745#6&42DE854&0&3' : [87] The parameter is incorrect.
iSerialNumber: 51E0212100001435
Getting FW Major version: 2
Getting FW Minor version: 3
Clearing ringbuffer
Getting bulk packet sample count: 8
Getting max ilda rate: 64000 pps
Getting dac min: 0
getting dac max: 4095
Getting ringbuffer sample count: 768
Getting ringbuffer empty sample count: 768
Disable output worked
===Running===

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No Galvo movement
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 10:17:28 PM »
What windows version are you using? Is this connected to a laptop or a desktop? Also is this connected to a USB 3.0 port (identifiable by the blue plastic in the middle of the port)?

There was a time (that is still continuing for some vendors) where the usb 3.0 chipsets behave outside the spec or do strange things. This is especially prevalent on lower cost machines. I believe this is the issue you are encountering.

You can try upgrading your usb drivers, connecting to a non-usb 3.0 port on your computer if you have one, and if not try connecting it through a usb 2.0 hub.

Spartan H45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 02:45:23 AM »
Switching from my laptop to a desktop seems to have solved the problem, thank you for the suggestion.

Kind of weird though, both computers have similar specs, run windows 7, and the lasershark was only connected to a usb 2.0 port in both cases.

[Edit] It looks like the problem was with the particular port I was using on my laptop. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:02:38 AM by Spartan H45 »

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 03:23:20 PM »
Even if two computers have the same specs (Hard drive size, CPU type/speed, RAM, number of USB ports, and OS) they can still be different. You must account for the differences in drivers installed on both machines. In addition you must account for supporting circuitry (i.e. USB hub ICs within the computers which cannot be assumed to be the same, even if the other specs are.).

Glad you got it working!