Author Topic: Errors in "output" program, cannot only select green laser  (Read 13042 times)

landshark

• View Profile
Errors in "output" program, cannot only select green laser
« on: February 12, 2015, 06:34:20 AM »
Hi,
In the app "Output," certain things get a response such as toggling output on/off. This works without errors.
Others print errors to the terminal such as these and do not effect the running system:

(output:3622): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(output:3622): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

For example, my setup just uses a green laser. So in default the image is only on 1/3 of the time as it is set to cycle colors. When I try to change the laser to only G through selecting that option, or de-selecting the boxes for the R and B lasers, I'm getting these errors.

I wondered if it might be a hardware error but I fired up the simulator, and wasn't able to get the image to stay on in the simulator either.

Any clue what's going on?

Thank you!

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Errors in "output" program, cannot only select green laser
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 08:12:35 PM »
This sounds like either a configuration or a software issue, especially since you can't see it in the simulator.

Which git repo are you using for OpenLase? There are quite a few forks of it now. Also, have you made any code additions? Do you have a picture of your jack connection setup window too?

landshark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 03:48:43 AM »
I'm using kamal's fork. https://github.com/kamalmostafa/openlase On the current linux mint. I haven't added any code, yet. Here are windows for my jack audio connections, patch bay, and system info.

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 01:01:17 AM »
I just cloned and compiled the fork you are on (latest check-in as of this writing) without issue. I then launched the simulator, configured the output to only use the green laser, and ran the color-cycling rgb cube spin example. When I select Analog and the  "G" option  under color, the cube is always visible.

Are you observing different behavior? I do see your jack patch panel is different than mine)

Or are you posting here to specifically comment abou the Gtk-CRITICAL messages only?

landshark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 06:40:24 AM »
Nice intuition! Thank you. Changing my patchbay to match yours did the trick. No more error messages and it's running smoothly.