Author Topic: My test Setup of lasershark and twostep  (Read 14102 times)

Stimpy

• View Profile
My test Setup of lasershark and twostep
« on: April 04, 2014, 06:01:09 PM »
Hello all

This is my test setup of lasershark and twostep.
And get the lasershark working in linux and some problems on windows i need to test some thing for that and have spoke to jeffrey and got the new software 3dp also running in linux.
I got one problem i don't get power from the twostep to power the lasershark of whas that wrong seeing in the wiring.
Still need nice gui but let see what happen. Also can help with install and compiling software from lasershark or twostep.

New LiveStream : http://ustre.am/ExAX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX7oyyHpFPM&feature=youtu.be

Greetings

Stimpy(Michel)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:56:07 PM by Stimpy »

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My test Setup of lasershark and twostep
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 06:51:04 PM »
Hi Stimpy

I am glad to hear you at least got the lasershark portion working :)

I got one problem i don't get power from the twostep to power the lasershark of whas that wrong seeing in the wiring.

The LaserShark powers the TwoStep, not the other way around. You must plug in a USB cable from a computer into the LaserShark. This will then power the one galvanically isolated section of the TwoStep board.

Hope that helps!

Stimpy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:54:51 PM »
Oke that will help it's the other way around.

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »
Motors can be extremely noisy so their power source and circuitry is isolated from the lasershark as much as possible.

The power from the lasershark is only used to power 1/2 of the uart isolator chip on the twostep board :)

Stimpy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »
Hey jeffrey

Yeah i know and maybe i will put some cooling on the stepper ic's.

I got the lasersharkserver and client en twostepserver and client working in windows 7 64bit with cygwin64 full installed then download and compile, install the json rpc then download the lasershark_3dp from github unpack it in a folder then download the lasershark host app and copy this in the twostep map from the lasershark_3dp source. compile tjhe lasershark_3dp and it wil work. Got the same output from the software when i try on linux. Still wanna try it on 32bit i get some error when compiling.

Greetings Michel