Author Topic: Can't get a normal aspect ratio in projection  (Read 12260 times)

zhang

• View Profile
Can't get a normal aspect ratio in projection
« on: April 15, 2019, 08:53:20 AM »
Hello Nelson,

After a long trip, we finally get the galvos work. But the ratio of the projection seems not to be normal.(also, the projection is upside down but it can be adjusted.)
By the way, the preview in the Simulator is normal, and the laser projector is horizontal.

And also, we want to know if the openlase can do a work like "projecting what the camera is recording" in real-time. Is somebody did like this? There are so few comments about the details of Openlase and I get no idea how to use the "cal" or "invert" of it, so as using openlase in real-time. Hope to get some help! Thank you so much!

ZHANG

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get a normal aspect ratio in projection
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:56:04 PM »
Hi Zang,

Glad you were able to identify the problem with your galvo setup.

If you use lasershark_stdin no keystone configuration option is provided. If you use OpenLase you can use the JACK audio connection kit to route the output through OpenLase's "output" application. This program will allow you to keystone/etc which sounds to be what you are looking for.

This should all be possible to do in realtime

zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 08:04:46 PM »
Hi Nelson,

Thank you very much for your continued advice!

If you use lasershark_stdin no keystone configuration option is provided.

I'm a little confused about this.

When using the lasershark_stdin_circlemaker through lasershark_stdin(not through the .txt), its aspect ratio is also strange. And when using openlase, ./lasershark_JACK is needed instead of the ./lasershark_stdin, in my opinion. So I still don't know how the problem could happen. :-X

ZHANG

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 01:07:29 AM »
./lasershark_jack is receiving data through the JACK audio bus. An openlase application generates samples, these are passed through the JACK bus where other programs can manipulate this data stream then re-send out the modified samples. One of these programs is the output application. The output application allows you to keystone your images so if your project is not perfectly perpendicular to a wall or your galvo amplifiers are tuned for another system (such that the image will appear too wide or tall perspective wise) you can adjust it.

./lasershark_stdin recieves whatever you send into it and transmits it. If you need keystone correction in an application that is fed to lasershark_stdin then you will need to write this into your application's custome code.

zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 07:57:39 PM »
Hi Nelson,

OK. I probably know what is going on, and I will try to adjust them later. Thank you for your reply! :D

zhang