General Category > SX2/CN2 Tachometer Discussion

Receiving "communication Error 1" when trying to use the Arduino Sketch

(1/3) > >>

Thomas:
Anyone got this work with the listed Arduino Sketch (code)?

I use a Arduino Nano to my Bernardo KF 20 L Super which is the same machine like a sx2 (just another label)

But I only get displayed the error message from the code : "communication Error 1 ".  :-[

Thomas

Macpod:
Hi Thomas,

Starting in January 2015 I have had 3 individuals report their tachometer reports "0000" regardless of where it is set (side note: the tachometer kit code is different than the posted Arduino code.. I improved upon it). All three of these individuals had SX2P mills

One of these individuals was kind enough to connect an arduino with the posted arduino test code to allow me to view what the samples looked like. Unfortunately it seems as if Sieg industries has completely changed their protocol!

I am confident that I will be able to make updates to make the arduino code and my tachometer kits work but in order to do this I really need someone to probe the units with a logic analyzer and provide me with the dump of that. Do you happen to own one?

While a significantly greater hassle, this should be possible to diagnose on an Arduino too with a sufficient number of samples. Currently I'm not sure if the size of each "frame" has increased in side and consequently led to me not seeing the whole picture.

I would be happy to walk you through these processes if you are interested in helping. I do have someone else who is willing to help but they have other interests and I don't want to tie up all of their time figuring this out if they do not enjoy it. :)

Thomas:
Hi Jeff,

I don't have a  logic analyzer, also I don't have the skill to work with one.

I found your page and bought the stuff to get it run described here with a Arduino board.

Do you think  we have a chance to  get it work in the near future ? (otherwise I would consider try to find a other solution maybe with a tachometer with a hall sensor or light sensor or something like this.

Thomas

Macpod:
Hi Thomas,

If you don't have a logic analyzer then I'm afraid we will have to wait until the UK individual receives his logic analyzer in the mail to solve this.

I'm not sure when his analyzer will arrive but I will post back here once it has. 

Thomas:
O.K. I have got some news.

I started everything from scratch and noticed that the pint out show in this picture http://macpod.net/misc/sx2_tachometer/images/sx2_cn2_tachometer_port_pinout.jpg

is different to the connector Pins I got. On that connector I have bought,  Pin 7 is the middle (center) Pin , the outer Pins are 1-6 . (different to the picture)

I have connected it different to the shown picture, and now everything works well.

Maybe this helps to other users who have had problems soldering the cables shown in the picture.

Jeff thx anyway for your help :-)

Thomas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version