Support > LaserShark Support

Galvos no movement need help

<< < (2/4) > >>

Macpod:
If you also heard a loud noise it is likely something "let out the magic blue smoke". That's a shame as this was an expensive kit.

The good news about this situation is that there are generally no embedded controllers on the boards. If you have an electrical background and are strapped for cash you could try and identify potentially bad parts (i.e. the -15v regulator which is one of the 3-pin chips screwed to one of the heatsinks) and any op-amps/resistors/etc.

The power supply likely isn't bad (but you could check to make sure it is still  outputting +-24v). It is possible the galvos are fine too which means you may just need to replace the galvo amplifier board itself vs everything.

zhang:
Hello Nelson:

sorry for replying so late for some reasons.

And it didn't work well since we try to do repairment to the board of kit and had to buy a new one. Also, thank you for your help, and we have to wait for another 1 month.

Another teacher shows interest in laser and wants to do something with it on a laserboard but it seems no stack now(perhaps you are out for business?), and it would be nice if we can get it by next month.

Zhang

Macpod:
I'm still in business.  8)

Sorry to hear that you could not repair your amplifiers. I still believe this is possible however troubleshooting the problem could be time consuming if it isn't as simple as a capacitor or the regulators.

We had a company buy out our stock of LaserSharks to integrate into their own product. I am in the process of having more LaserShark units fabricated but this takes time, especially during this time of the year. The new boards will likely be in within 1-2 months.

I have one remaining unit. If you are interested in this one please email me.

zhang:
Hello Nelson,

And we finally get the new board of galvos, but it seems upset that the previous problem might not be the board of galvo.

When we set them up and do nothing, both of the LEDs are on and seems no problem, but the time we run the draw_circle test, one of the LEDs turns off with an obvious sound like pressing a switch off. And now I'm very confused about what I should do next. The output voltage of TTL 2 pins are 5V but the ones on 3 pins(X,Y) are not stable , varying from -0.1mV to -150mV.
And to confirm, I want to know that is it necessary to install the JACK service even if I just not run the OPENLASE but the draw_circle test, right?
And if I want to configure the OPENLASE, I need to install
1.https://github.com/marcan/openlase/wiki/Installation
2.https://github.com/marcan/openlase/wiki/JACK_and_Openlase_Configuration
3.Compiling and Using the Lasershark Jack Host Application (for use with OpenLase) part in http://macpod.net/electronics/lasershark/lasershark_usage_linux.php
We are not so familiar with the hardware but just want to know more about it!

Macpod:
Hi Zhang,

JACK is only required for running OpenLase and lasershark_jack. The galvo/laser control data is sent using the JACK audio daemon here. You do not need to do steps 1, 2, 3 if you just want to use lasershark_stdin.

You do not need JACK or OpenLase to use lasershark_stdin, lasershark_stdin_circlemaker, or lasershark_stdin_displayimage.

Did you replace both the galvo amplifiers and galvos or just the galvo amplifier boards?
What component is causing the clicking noise the clicking?
What are you measuring the output voltage on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version