Author Topic: LaserShark Wiring Questions  (Read 9130 times)

sla_newbie

• View Profile
LaserShark Wiring Questions
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:53:54 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am new to SLA technology. I am quite comfortable with FDM and Gantry type 3D printers, but when it comes to Laser Galvo SLA I am finding it a bit difficult.

I recently purchased the LaserShark board from Jeff and I am ready to start my project on SLA 3D printer.

The Components I purchased are:
1. LaserShark DAC board
2. Laser Galvo 20kpps
3. Laser Module with Driver

I am not worried about the Z-axis motion of the bed. I am looking to generate the layers as of now as my first priority. If any other components are required to make this work, please provide me with some insights.

I am attaching the pictures below for your reference and this is just a temporary wiring to depict my understanding once I know its correct I will proceed with the further steps with proper fixing of wires and jacks.

Thanks

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LaserShark Wiring Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 08:46:30 PM »
Hello,

Your wiring looks like you have everything OK. In case you missed them, check the lasershark packaging for connectors for the galvos, they should have been wrapped in blue painter tape. Also, it is fine if you connect the ttl input to port A. B is also fine too.

sla_newbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »
That's great! Thanks for getting back. Yes, I can find the connectors in the blue painter tape. Thank you.

DonVito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 05:38:35 AM »
Hi SLA_Newbie,

I'm also interested in building a diy Sla Printer. How are you doing the Gcode transformation or do you have any software/firmware?

sla_newbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 04:41:48 PM »
Sorry for the late reply I was on a vacation. I am trying to use the .png method specified by Macpod. I halted my work for the vacation, have to get started on it from tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Thanks