Author Topic: Lasershark board tuning  (Read 9835 times)

f3nix

• View Profile
Lasershark board tuning
« on: October 07, 2015, 02:16:22 PM »
Hi,
I want to solder this board myself. Could You please provide any tips on how to tune the board after assembly?

Thanks in advance for any info and thank You for your great work! :)

Cheers,
Mateusz

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lasershark board tuning
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 01:00:51 AM »
Hi Mateusz,

I have a tuning program that works by inputting values to the stdin_lasershark program. I will upload this this weekend to github.

Currently I use a HP3478A benchtop multimeter to tune these. If at all possible you should use a high precision/resolution and high input impedance. A harbor freight or other low-cost voltmeter will not be very useful.

I have blank lasershark pcbs for sale too by the way. Just shoot me an email if you want one.

-Jeff

f3nix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 12:56:48 PM »
Hi Jeff!
Quote from: Macpod
Hi Mateusz,

I have a tuning program that works by inputting values to the stdin_lasershark program. I will upload this this weekend to github.

That would be awesome! :) Could You please add some step by step tutorial on how to use it?

Currently I use a HP3478A benchtop multimeter to tune these. If at all possible you should use a high precision/resolution and high input impedance. A harbor freight or other low-cost voltmeter will not be very useful.

I do have access to a Fluke 289. This one should do the trick I think. (?)

I have blank lasershark pcbs for sale too by the way. Just shoot me an email if you want one.

Good to know. But I want to do this one with toner transfer. I'm really on a tight budget for now :(

Cheers,
Mateusz

Macpod

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 11:43:48 PM »
The program should be self-documenting when run.

I suspect if you are fabricating the board for yourself that you will have trouble. It is a two layer board but there are quite a few vias and some are under parts.

The Fluke 289 should be ok for this.

f3nix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 01:43:29 AM »
Hello after a long break :)

I have almost finished soldering the board. Could you please share the calibration app?

Thanks! :)

Cheers,
Mateusz